25 January 2010

Avatar

Well I went out with some of my friends on Saturday and saw Avatar in 3D at Rivertown Crossings Celebration Cinema. Both a wonderful mall experience and film experience at the same time. I didn't get around to shopping as my trips to the mall are usually go in, get my items, pay, and then leave. I am not big on trying on clothes or commenting on how cute the clothes look. Anyways, I went to the 5:30 showing. Several weeks after the movie's release, the movie theatre was still packed! Since there was five of us and we wanted to sit together, we had to take the seats in the very front of the auditorium (don't ever sit there unless you want neck problems). From the very start of the film I don't think I was ever let down. If the story line ever failed to intrigue me I instantly became enthralled in the animations. The $350M budget must have paid of since the movie has grossed over $1,000,000,000 worldwide, if not $2B. My friend, who is huge into movies with constant action was let down. I harassed him that just because you had to look a little deeper into the plot, that it didn't make it a bad movie. The graphics were phenomenal! I was amazed at the wonder of this new world, "Pandora", that they created. It was amazing how we could be sucked into this world and how beautiful it was. Plants lit up, creatures flew, and the world they created was amazing.
Through all of this I was just reminded how amazing our God is and how amazing the abilities are of the people he created. Hundreds of people spent hours and hours creating, directing, casting, and animating this film. It just blows my mind how complex God made us humans that we took what this world had to offer and made it into so much more. God's world is absolutely marvelous and it just amazes me the splendor of it all. But he lets us be so creative with our minds to the point that we make up entire new worlds in these movies along with new creatures and a new way to live. I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone who has not seen it yet. It is a great film!

How does God feel about us creating other worlds when he has provided us with a beautiful one right in front of us?

Why did God create so many stars and planets when creating the skies to have them unreachable by human beings?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting angle on the film, Jordan. I'm glad it inspired a sense of wonder.

    There are several other elements of the film that would be worth discussing in the context of our class as well. For example: how does the humans' approach to the wealth, culture and people of Pandora comment on the ways imperial forces throughout history have conquered others? In what ways do we devalue and destroy local cultures today because of greed?

    ReplyDelete