19 January 2009

The Mall

When I normally go to the mall I have something in mind that I have to get. I am on a mission. But this time when I went I was there just to observe, I could actually absorb the things that were happening around me. There were advertisements around me everywhere, even with the stores just down the hall, they were advertising their clothing just seconds away from the store. There was movie advertisement. Whether the advertisements were on posters, banners, children’s strollers or flyers. In order to get customers into their store they use those different forms of advertising, but every store in the mall had a large window with some of their best selling or best looking objects in the window. Even if the customers don’t buy anything, they just want them to get into their store and talk about it to other people. Many stores also used other ways to get people in the door by appealing to not only our sight, but also our smell. Many of the stores I walked by have an overwhelming scent.
AT the mall, there were all age groups. there were middle age women together going in and out of stores, women power walking down the halls, middle scholars hanging out in the halls and popular/cool clothing stores, children playing in the kids area, men waiting on the couches for there wife’s, and young children in strollers. It’s crazy how much advertising we see throughout our life. From the first time we go to the mall in the strollers, to when we grow old and continue to shop.
This visit to the mall was alot different than the rest of my visit. It showed me how much advertising was in the mall, and how many people are affected by it without even noticing it. I know that I have never noticed the advertisement as much, but now that I think about it, it affected me a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Malls definitely have alot of advertisements in them. Usually my initial reason for going to the mall is to get something that I need, or had planned ahead to get. But stores use advertisements to attract people into their stores, in which I wouldn't have gone into otherwise. This usually causing me to buy things that i didn't intend to. It crazy how many advertisements are around us and we often don't even notice.

    ReplyDelete