17 January 2010

Mall Post

When I went to the mall, the first thing I noticed were the cars that are inside, waiting to be won. One of the cars, I believe was a Lexus, had a license plate that said, “Just 4 You.” I thought this was interesting because it seems like the advertisement is trying to appeal to the individual. Only I can have it, which makes it more valuable and appetizing.
I also noticed the play area for the kids. There were tons of kids playing on...food. But not just any kind of food, breakfast foods. I saw a big bowl of cereal, bacon, sausage, eggs, bananas and more. I can only assume that this is a ploy to get kids to eat and enjoy breakfast. Maybe playing with food translates to eating food.
In one of the store window there was a sign that said, “The New Denim.” I don't understand. What's the difference between the new denim and the “old” denim?
There are also a lot of aromas that fill the mall, intriguing shoppers. The sweet cookie aroma from Nestles can suddenly make a person hungry and the scent from Hollister, either makes one nauseous or wanting to buy overpriced t-shirts. Either way, the consumer is drawn to the store.
I realized that there are a lot of sitting areas around the mall. I saw mostly men sitting in the areas, waiting for their wives or girlfriends to shop. This way, the men can do what they want and not bother the spending process. Clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment