18 January 2010

Mall Visit

After taking a visit to the mall and really observing things, I noticed how much advertising really affects us. As I walked through the store Kohls, I saw how almost everything said “sale” and was marked down in price. Was it really marked down in price? Or were they just saying that to get us to think its a good deal? I overheard a kid asking his mother if they could get an object of clothing. At first the mother said no, but the kid said, “Look at how much the original price is and how much we would be saving!” This shows how advertising can affect us, it has the power of persuasion. We believe almost everything we see and submit to it. After watching The Persuaders, this trip to the mall was much different for me because i noticed really how much advertising affects us.

No comments:

Post a Comment